Monday, May 22, 2006

Aaaah! I'm seeing spots! Help!

I had a bit of a surprise on Sunday morning. I awoke and put my littlest one in her high chair in the kitchen where my husband was and went to take a shower. When I came back I noticed that there were spots on her face. I thought she had scratched herself with her fingernails that hadn't been cut. Then I noticed it on her neck...I lifted up her shirt...aaah! It was pretty much everywhere but her bum and legs. Well I don't know how many of you do vaccinatins, I know there are a wide range of beleifs out there. Well I am a vaccinating mother and she had just gotten her vaccine for chicken pox about 11 days prior. You know vaccinating was just something that we did. Also having lived 12 years in Mexico as missionary to deaf) and having given birth to 2 of our 4 children there, it makes sense when you're in a foreign country to be protected in that sense. Well anyway, it looked like it would be chicken pox..even according to all the information we could find on the internet..gotta love that google! Well all that wouldn't be so bad except that I'm starting up my own business as an independant consultant for Usborne. Selling books and having home shows. It wouldn't work to have my first show in my home and my kids having chicken pox. I don't think that would be very good for business, ya'know. It is funny though cause there are some moms at my church that don't vaccinate and they would like their kids to get 'the pox'. So I figured I could do my 1st show with moms who want their kids to get chicken pox! Well we waited the afternoon and it did not get any worse. It actually seemed to calm down..even after having her play outside with her siblings. It is a little warm her in Texas and the weather would have agravated 'the pox' if that was what it was. But it did not. So if any of you mommies have your kids wake up with spots, contact me, cause I think I've educated myself enough for all ya'll. So what is it?...roseola! OK, most of you have probabally had your runs with this and it's old news. I even question how after having had 3 other yungins' how the 4th took me by surprise. Well for me, by the time one has passed through a stage that they are in and move on, I tend to forget how we even got through it. So I might even be contacting some of you asking for help one of these days.

5 comments:

Pfingston said...

well, my baby boy has a fever that started yesterday - and in Porvenir a bad case of chickenpox is going around. He is due for his chickenpox vaccination on Wednesday. Wouldnt that just beat all!
I don't see anything on the little guy . . . so it just might be a case of the grumpies.

Kelly Lynch said...

See..that's the thing. Some moms want their kids to just get it naturally. So they won't get it when they are older. It may be that she got the roseola cause she had the chicken pox vaccine. Maybe? I don't know.

Cheryl said...

My youngest had a reaction to some of his vacinations when he was 2 or 3...I quite frankly don't remember. He broke out all over and he was itchy. We treated it like a reaction and he was fine in 3 or 4 days. I don't know if this is the case with your child...but BE HEALED IN JESUS NAME little one!
Yeah!

Kelly Lynch said...

Thank you!...fyi..she is already looking sooo much better! Thank you for your prayes!

Chaotic Mom said...

Yes, I've seen roseola, but not until my third boy came around. Yes, it shocks me that I've had three boys, and I STILL think I know nothing. ;)